Below you will find a complete ‘butt firming’ workout that will get you closer to finally achieving one of the hardest, and yet most effective total lower body strengthening moves called ‘The Pistol Squat’.
The benefits of pistol squats are truly astonishing. One simple pistol squat targets nearly every leg muscle, and of course, the glutes. Being that the muscles in the thighs are the largest muscle group in the human body, toning and strengthening the quads and hamstring muscle can maximize fat burning everywhere else in the body. Mastering the pistol squat can literally transform your entire body into a fat burning machine.
Although it sounds great, Pistol Squats are not for the weak (at heart) or leg. It takes some serious determination and dedication to finally achieve this amazing fitness task.
So, if your legs are up for the challenge, lets get our squat on.
Caution: Please practice all proper forms of these exercises to prevent knee and lower back discomforts. Discontinue this workout if you experience any pain at any time.
30 DEEP SQUATS
- In order to warm up your legs, lets do 30 deep squats.
- That means keep your legs wide and slowly lower your back side almost to the ground. Let your chest open and shoulders stay down and back to prevent an undesired ‘hunch’.
- The most important thing is staying with a slow and steady pace, flowing between each squat and upward press, move with each deep breath.
LOW SQUAT HOLD
- Now to feel the burn, hold your 30th deep squat (above) for 30 seconds in the lowest position.
- It may help to hold your arms out in front or to the sides for extra balance.
- Whatever you do, don’t stop breathing.
ROLL BACK SQUAT JUMPS
- Once you have recovered from that intense squat hold, grab a fitness matt, lay on your back and lift your legs up past your head then quickly roll your body forward, bend your knees, put your feet on the floor and jump right up into standing position. This move is quick and yet super effective at firming up the buttocks.
- Flow back down to the ground by squatting slowly, lowering so deep that you can roll right onto your back and swing your legs up to do it all again (it’s a really fun move – and great for draining the lymphatic system).
- Try 15 of these, and whatever you do, don’t pass out from intensity overload.
ONE LEG SQUATS
- Now to progress quickly, you can squat with one leg balanced out in front of you, as high as possible 10 times on each leg.
- The first 10 times will be half way down.
- Then try do another 5 ‘one leg squats’ more than half way down, if you can. If not, just try to make it through to hit 15 one leg squats on each leg.
ONE LEG SQUAT UPS
- From a lower squat position balance onto one leg, and keep your other leg hovering out in front of you. This move takes some practice, and a lot of leg strength. You may need to hold onto the floor beside you for support if you are just starting out.
- From this position slowly push through the heel that is touching the ground and propel your body up to the sky then release back down to a lower one leg squat.
- Repeat this ‘One Leg Squat Up’ 9 more times before switching legs (10 in total).
THE ASSISTED PISTOL SQUAT
Now if you feel strong, you may want to attempt to complete a few full pistol squats on your own. If not, grab a few supports, like tables or chairs to hold onto for support, and then get squatting.
- From standing position lift your right leg up as high as you can, flex your foot and try to point your toes upwards.
- Keep your arms out in front as you attempt to lower yourself to the ground as you balance on one foot (keep the weight distributed evenly throughout the standing foot).
- Once at the lowest one leg squat position begin to push back up to one leg standing position. At this point, if you need assistance please grab some.
- This is one tough move and it takes practice to become a Pistol Squat master. Try to finish at least 3 squats each side, assisted or not.
Your legs may feel like jelly at this point, but it is imperative to breath through the pain. Your muscles fibers are tightening and although you may not be able to climb stairs tomorrow, if practiced these moves regularly, your body will be burning more fat than ever before.
This is such a short and sweet, but super intense set of body weight exercises that can literally transform your entire body. Of course, for best results, incorporating more flexibility and cardio into your weekly workout regime, will help you achieve a rockin’ hot body like never before.
Complete Pistol Squat
This is such a short and sweet, but super intense set of body weight exercises that can literally transform your entire body.
Do each exercise for 3 minutes. After every 60 seconds rest for 10 seconds.
Mountain Climbers - Sets: 1 Reps: 3 minutes
HIgh Kness - Sets: 1 Reps: 3 minutes
Deep Squats - Sets: 1 Reps: 30
Low Squat Hold - Sets: 1 Reps: 1 hold for 30 secs
Roll Back Squat Jumps - Sets: 1 Reps: 15
One Leg Squats - Sets: 1 Reps: 15 each side
One Leg Squat Ups - Sets: 1 Reps: 10 each side
Assisted Pistol Squats - Sets: 1 Reps: 3 each side
Your usual cool down and stretching routine.
Comments are closed.