Take this third of an hour and fill it with power. The following workout aims to tone your whole body into a lean, clean, energy machine. High intensity body weight interval training is great for those days when you just don’t have enough time to squeeze in a workout, but still want to keep your fitness goals on track.
There are no tools required for this routine, just your determination and eye twinkle. Always keep in mind, if you are out of breath, then step back the intensity a little bit. You want to look toned after a workout, not blue from lack of oxygen.
Before you begin, set your timer for a 20 minute countdown. For a future challenge, be sure to record how many rounds of this ‘Body Blaster’ workout you complete before the timer beeps. Then when you build up more strength, come back to this workout and see if you are strong enough to beat your old record. Or better yet, challenge a friend and see who completes more rounds than the other.
Exercise 1: Rock that Body Squat (10 Reps)
- Lay down flat on your back. With momentum roll your backside off of the ground towards your head then roll the other way until you plant your feet on the floor and come up into a low squat position then stand up.
- Move back into a low squat and allow yourself to gently roll back onto the floor to do it all again.
- This workout is very intense, especially for the butt and upper legs. Use the momentum of your body to assist in moving onto your feet.
- Most important, don’t forget to breathe.
Exercise 2: Downward Dog Burpees (5 Reps)
- This exercise starts with 5 downward dog push ups with wide legs. During the final push up dive all the way to the floor and find yourself in low plank position for 5 seconds.
- Then rise into push up position and jump your legs forward and jump upwards with your arms reaching to the sky.
- That will complete one rep.
Exercise 3: Sumo Side Kicks and Super Ab Crunches (5 Reps)
- From a wide squat position, kick your right leg up to the side then slowly lower it back to the ground then you kick your left leg to the side.
- Repeat 5 times on each leg then jump to the floor and lay on your right side with your right hand extended out in front and your left hand behind your left ear.
- Bend your knees into your chest as you raise your torso off the ground with your right arm then slowly lower back to the ground. Repeat this for five side crunches.
- Jump back up to complete another five sumo side kicks before completing the super ab crunches on the left side.
- Repeat this entire process one more time (2 complete reps in total).
Exercise 4: Mountain Climbers to Scissor Jumps (5 Reps)
- From push up position bring your right foot between or slightly below your hands then jump your body up and switch feet. This is called mountain climbers and will be repeated 10 times before you move onto scissor jumps.
- From lunge position use your body weight to slightly squat down before you power jump upward and switch foot positions. Whatever leg was in front during your first lunge should now be in back. Continue this move 5 more times to complete one rep.
- To complete this exercise you must finish 5 complete reps.
Although it sounds easy to read, this workout regimen is especially intense due to the fact that it is filled with intense exercises that target multiple areas of the body, and give you a great cardio workout. Don’t give up, keep on moving because you know your health is worth the fight. When you are feeling the burn that means the magic is happening and your body is changing into a sexy and fabulously fit health machine. So grab your towel and get your sweet sweaty body moving!
The Body Blaster Workout
This workout aims to tone your whole body into a lean, clean, energy machine.
Do each exercise for 3 minutes. After every 60 seconds rest for 10 seconds. High Knees 3 mins Jumping Jacks 3 mins
Your usual cool down and stretching routine.