1. Watermelon Snow Cones
Cool down on hot day by enjoying this extra easy watermelon flavored snow cone.
Mint Leaves (Optional)
- Fill Blender with 1 cup of ice and 1 cup of watermelon.
- Blend then scoop into a bowl for a delicious dish of bliss.
- For extra summer fresh flavour, throw in a few mint leaves for fun.
2. Coconut Cream Pie Pudding
There is nothing quite like enjoying a coconut cream pie during twilight hours. ‘Wow’ your friends and family by whipping up this fantastically healthy, yet, devily delicious dessert.
2-4 Frozen Bananas
0.5 Cup Raw Pineapple
3 cups of Raw Coconut Meat
1 tbsp Organic Coconut Sugar
1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- Put all ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy as a pudding or drizzle over a delicious date and nut pie crust (click here for a simple recipe).
- Sprinkle coconut shavings on top then place in freezer for 1 hour to chill.
- Slice, serve and smile.
3. Grandma’s Apple Pie Smoothie
(Inspired by Freelee the Banana Girl’s Youtube Channel)
1-3 Organic Apples (your favorite kind works best)
7-10 Medjool Dates (pre soak for 30mins)
1 tsp Organic Cinnamon
1 tsp Organic Nutmeg
2 cups of Coconut water
1-2 cups of Filtered Water
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Pour into your favorite drinking goblet then enjoy each gulp.
- Don’t forget to honor your favorite elder by raising a glass in their general direction!
4. Tooty Fruity Kabobs
This recipe is so simple, and yet so fun to make. Children especially love to make their own ‘Fruity Kabobs’. Grab a few reusable kabob sticks, cut up some fruit and slide on accordingly.
Fruit that works best for this dish may include sliced bananas, grapes, strawberries, pineapple pieces, orange wedges, mango cubes, pitted cherries, frozen blackberries, apple slices.
5. Salt n’ Vinegar Popcorn
- Air pop a bunch of organic popcorn and place in a big bowl.
- Fill a food grade spray bottle with 0.5 cups of apple cider vinegar and 0.5 cup of filtered water.
- As you spray the popcorn with the vinegar brew, lightly sprinkle on celtic sea salt to taste.
- For a little kick in the taste buds shake on some black pepper. Flavoring this popcorn is always at your discretion.
6. ‘You Dip, I Dip, We Dip’ Salsa with Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely slice 2-3 potatoes and place on baking tray.
- Sprinkle with salt/pepper and bake for 20 minutes or until you reach the desired chip like crunch.
Add the following ingredients into a bowl:
1 cup diced tomatoes
0.5 cups of finely chopped parsley
0.5 cups of chopped sweet onion
1 chopped yellow bell pepper
1 cup of cooked organic lentils
- Squeeze one half of a lemon on top of all other ingredients.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sea salt, a dash of cayenne pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Set aside to marinate.
When your chips are cool enough to eat, start to dip. Of course, you don’t have to share if you don’t want to.
7. Spicy Ginger Dressing on Spiralized Salad Bed
You will need a veggie spiralizer or julienne peeler for this recipe. Start to spiralize cucumbers, carrots and zucchini for your salad. Stop when you can fill up the preferred salad bowl. Decorate with thinly sliced red bell pepper.
1-2 slices of ginger
1 cup of cooked sweet potato
1 garlic clove
0.5 cups of cashews
Dash of paprika
Dash of black pepper
Blend all ingredients together and drizzle over the spiralized veggies. Top with a few more cashew pieces, then dig in!
8. Faux Ice-Cream Sandwiches
Faux Sandwich Squares
10-20 Soaked Honey Dates
0.5 cups of soaked almonds
0.2 cups of cashews
3 tbsp of carob powder
Faux Ice Cream Filling
3 Frozen Bananas
1 tbsp coconut Sugar
Use a little bit of coconut water to assist with the blending process.
- Layer the bottom of a flat baking tray with the faux sandwich square filling and cut into square pieces.
- Then layer the faux ice-cream on half of the squares and cover the cream filling with the remaining square tops.
- Set these delicious sandwiches in the freezer for 20-30 minutes then enjoy solo or share a bite with a friend.
9. BBQ Butternut Squash Bites
BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
3 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
1 tsp Sea Salt
Juice of 1 lemon
Dash of cajun powder
Dash of black pepper
- Slice and cube a butternut squash then roll pieces into the aformentioned BBQ sauce brew.
- Place pieces on baking tray and drizzle the remaining BBQ sauce on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top and enjoy.
10. ‘Could It Be’ Chocolate Cake
1-2 baked purple sweet potatoes
3 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp cocoa nibs
3-5 soaked dates
1 scoop of Vega Chai flavored protein powder (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
- Bake one large or two small purple sweet potatoes in an oven or microwave until tender. * Once cooled place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Fill a pie tin with the delicious cream and chill for 30 minutes in a freezer.
- Slice, serve and fool them all.
The greatest part about these recipes is that they can be used as a healthy meal replacement when you are craving junk food. All ingredients are considered whole foods that are filled with vitamins and minerals and low or no food processing. No preservatives, no problem – just make sure to eat them up before they go bad!