A perky butt and ‘that gap’ between your thighs… that is usually what ladies would like when they think about how their bum looks in jeans, skirts etc. This is further noticeable by all the pictures of toned bums that are being pinned on pinterest.
Well you can have a toned perky butt as well, it just takes a few exercises and some dedication on your side and within a month you will start to see changes. Good changes!
So what exercises should you do? If you have read any of my other posts I am sure you know that squats are my favourite exercise for your butt and your legs. I stick by this and would say if you only want to do one exercise every day then make it squats – as these are a great full workout for your lower body. But as I mention squats regularly, 3 times already in this short paragraph, and not everyone wants to do squats (again that word, I can‘t help it – I am a big fan), I am going to let you know of some other great exercises you can do that will help shape, lift and tone that bum.
To be completed 3 times per week, 30 reps each exercise:
Don’t forget to warm up and do some dynamic stretches before completing these exercises.
- On your hands and knees on the floor, use a mat to cushion your knees and hands. Your knees should be hip width apart.
- Keeping a straight line along your spine so you need to look own towards the floor and keep your back straight.
- Breathe out and lift your knee up in a slow and controlled movement pushing your foot towards the ceiling.
- Bring your knee back down towards the floor and repeat 30 times then swap and repeat with the other leg.
- Choose a step or bench that is approx knee height and stand in front of it with your arms by your side and feet hip width apart.
- Lift one foot off the ground and place your foot onto the step/bench, as you step up lift your opposite knee up to your chest and then lower back to the starting position. Keep your chest lifted and remember to keep your back straight and your abs tight.
- Repeat 30 times with the same leg and then change and repeat 30 times with the other leg.
- Get into a push up position with your hands and balls of your feet on the floor.
- Bring the right knee in towards your chest and your right foot to the floor. This is the starting position.
- Now switch feet in the air by bringing the left knee to the chest and extending the right leg back.
- Repeat the movement by alternating right knee to chest, extend the left leg back, left knee to chest and extend left leg back etc.
- Continue alternating the feet as fast as you can for 30 reps. (1 rep is when both knees have come to your chest – an easy way to count reps for this move is to count 1 rep every time your right knee comes to your chest).
Walking High Knees
- Stand tall with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Take one step forward keeping your posture tall and your chest lifted, bring your opposite knee to your chest as high as you can and squeeze your butt and thigh as you do so. Pause momentarily with your knee held high.
- Lower your knee and step forward, as your foot hit’s the ground bring the opposite knee up to your chest.
- Repeat alternating the knees to your chest for 30 reps (1 rep is complete when both the left and right knee has been lifted to your chest).
- Stand with your feet approximately shoulder width apart with toes pointing forwards, hand position is down to personal preference so choose what ever position you find most comfortable.
- Keeping your abs tight and back straight take a large step forward and sink down into a lunge by bending both your knees until your front thigh is parallel with the floor and the shin of your rear leg is parallel to the floor. Both knees should be bent at 90 degrees. Your front knee should be over your ankle.
- Return to starting position and repeat with your opposite leg.
- Complete 30 reps with each leg.
- Start in a standing position with your arms by your side and your feet hip width apart.
- Squat down and place your palms on the floor in front of you, shoulder width apart. Your heels will be off the ground and you will be resting on the balls of your feet.
- Kick both legs back behind you so that you are in a push up position.
- Bring both knees quickly to your chest and on to the balls of your feet, so that you are in the squatting position again and then;
- Jump up straight in to the air with your arms extended over your head.
- Repeat 30 times.
- Lie on your back on the floor or mat with your feet hip width apart, knees bent and your arms down by your sides.
- Breathe out, and raise your hips off the floor pressing down into the matt with your feet. Ensure you do not arch your lower back, contracting your abs should help prevent this.
- Breathe in and slowly lower your hips back to the floor to the starting position.
- Repeat 30 times.
Don’t forget to complete a 5 minute cool down and stretch.
Simple easy exercises you can do anywhere, although they are simple this does not mean the workout will be a breeze. Enjoy!
As these are exercises are dedicated to shaping and toning your lower body you may want to include them in a routine that will also work out your upper body giving you sexy arms and a sculpted back. The best way to get in shape is to work out your whole body, either you can do a full body workout 3 or 4 times per week or split the sessions up and do lower body one day and upper body another day. Remember, if you are doing whole body workouts you need to let your muscles recover so have a rest day in between work outs.
Comments are closed.