The simplicity of the sandwich makes them a common favorite for many; but what if I told you that you can spice up your sandwich and eat healthier with this really, really, ridiculously easy (and good-looking) recipe for a raw arugula, ginger and strawberry sandwich?
Super Healthy, Easy Peasy and Quick
Eating a raw diet is extremely beneficial in many ways. When I brought raw into my life, everything changed for the better both mentally and physically. But friends and family aren’t so convinced – they’re skeptical, which is understandable. I frequently get asked, “um, so then what do you eat?” or the usual response of “that sounds boring.” To be honest though, that could not be further from the truth. I am pretty sure they’re afraid to visit now because they fear what I will feed them. But I can say that those who have visited have been pleasantly surprised.
A raw diet has actually been really exciting! It forces me to explore in the kitchen – to be bold and adventurous with new ingredients. It pushes me out of my comfort zone (which was getting dull anyway) just enough to mix things together which I would have declared absurd before. Now, everything is exotic and exhilarating. My newfound curiosity in the kitchen has recently led me to some of the most delicious creations I’ve ever encountered. This one in particular is one of my favorites. It’s packed with nutrients and it’s quick and easy to make.
Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice
Since springtime is here, with summer just around the corner, this is the perfect recipe for lunch. This arugula, ginger and strawberry sandwich is both fresh and sweet. Bonus: It only takes a few minutes to make so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time in the sun! Go ahead and give this delightfully delicious recipe a try.
Since springtime is here, with summer just around the corner, this is the perfect recipe for lunch. This arugula, ginger and strawberry sandwich is both fresh and sweet as well as packed with nutrients and it's quick and easy to make.
- Sprouted bread
- Ginger Root
- Extra-Virgin, Cold-Pressed Olive Oil
- Pick up some sprouted bread from your local bakery or make your own at home. If you can’t get your hands on sprouted bread and you don't have time to make your own, it's okay – can use whole wheat bread instead.
- Wash a handful of arugula and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Rinse three strawberries and slice them into thin pieces.
- Shred a piece of ginger root with a grater.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil over your sprouted bread.
- Place the arugula on your sprouted bread.
- Lay the sliced strawberries on the bed of arugula.
- Sprinkle the shredded ginger on top of your strawberries.
The art of sandwich making became popularized through the creation of sliced bread. Today, they are valuable part of our lunch pail’s lives. It’s time for a food revolution though – you can start with this recipe. Seriously speaking though, this sandwich makes eating raw effortless, easy and even tempting! Are your taste buds excited? Mine are. Go on and give it a bite. Bon appétit!