I have suffered from food intolerances for over six years now so yummy food indulgences (such as candy treats and pastries) are unfortunately a rarity for me – if I find ones suitable for me at all. But just a few weeks ago I discovered this incredible recipe, these pancakes are simply delicious! Not only that, they’re super easy to make and packed with protein. There must be a catch you’re saying…
Nope! These healthy pancakes are the real deal with fat burning properties, muscle building protein and bursting with healthy minerals and vitamins. So what do these yummy treats contain? Eggs and Bananas and that’s it, there you have it – so simple and easy and so healthy too. The eggs will supply you with an abundance of healthy fats to keep you feeling fuller for longer and with 6g of protein per egg, your muscles will be very happy with you! The banana will also give you your recommended daily intake of potassium which helps maintain a healthy blood pressure and helps the body with fluid balance.
Healthy pancakes. Who even knew they existed?! Try them out, you won’t be disappointed. These are healthy, tasty and not to mention super easy to make.
- 4 eggs
- 1 Medium mashed Banana
- (Will make approximately 7-8 pancakes)
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Mash the banana until there are no lumps or bumps left and then add to the whisked eggs.
- Use an electric handheld blender to blend the mixture together until it’s a thick liquid. If you don’t own a handheld blender you can do this with just a fork too.
- Then it’s time for cooking. Put some butter in the pan and pour in the mixture like you would for a normal pancake mix and cook until the pancake forms in the pan flipping it a few times.
This is the fun part. You can really make this tasty treat your own with whatever toppings you choose. Obviously this is also the part of the process where you can decide whether to keep this a healthy treat or to indulge a little.
The toppings I use when I make these pancakes are as follows. You can take some suggestions or ideas from these.
1. Peanut Butter and Agave Syrup topped with almond flakes and raspberries
2. Peanut Butter, Agave Syrup (or Honey) and Cocao Nibs
3. Banana, Peanut Butter and melted Dark Chocolate.
4. Almond Flakes, Agave Syrup (or Honey) and chopped strawberries
5. Chopped strawberries, almond flakes, mixed berries
Thanks for reading. Be smart, Eat Smart!