All the ladies want to achieve a sculpted core for outdoor summer fun. Here is a great workout to help work off any winter belly flab. Spring cleaning does not just mean ‘clean the house out’ it is also a popular time to shape the body up ready for summer. If you are a little late for the spring cleaning and body shaping, as summer is already here, have no fear. Below you will find a fantastic few exercises that will blast away fat and firm up your core muscles.
If you practice these core condensing exercises several times a week, your body transformation will be the talk of the beach town.
Drink Up, Eat Up & Flaunt It
The first step to achieving a bikini belly is to drink plenty of water, preferably filtered, especially when the weather is hot. If you are not keen on drinking regular water, include a few pieces of frozen fruit to dazzle your taste buds. You can even pre-freeze sliced lemons and limes for an extra chilling treat. Staying hydrated is important for your body to function properly and if you are exercising or sweating you will need to replace those lost fluids. Did you know dehydration can also cause you to retain water which in turn can cause bloating and puffiness.
Having a beach body does not mean that you start a crash beach diet. To enjoy a bikini body year round one must change from a restrictive diet to a lifestyle of eating clean.
This is the best body you have, so feel great about where you are, and work hard to get what you want.
Below you will find the top exercises that will help get your belly ready for bikini season. Keep practicing these exercises year round to keep a fit body for life.
The Victory Twist
- Start by sitting on the floor with your knees bent and feet on the ground.
- Slowly start to lean backwards as you lift your feet off the floor and level your shins with the ground. Keep a straight spine and tight core.
- Point your toes and balance on the upper part of your buttocks.
- Clasp your hands together and with slow and controlled breaths, guide your hands from the left side of your hip to the right side of your hip. Try to keep your knees together during the spine rotation.
- Complete 3 sets of 20 twists. For greater intensity, hold a medicine ball or hand weight.
The Bicycle for Obliques
- Start by lying down on your back. Draw your knees towards your chest and lift you head and shoulders off the ground.
- With your hands behind your ears and elbows pointing to the sides keep your upper back aligned. Start to move your legs in opposite directions. One leg moves out to hover straight off the floor and the other stays bent and moves towards your shoulders.
- As your legs move twist your upper body and try to touch your right elbow with your left knee and left elbow with your right knee. Continue deep breaths as you strengthen the core.
- Complete 3 sets of 20.
The Rocking Boat
- Start by lying on your back.
- Lift your feet and shoulders off the ground. Keep your arms straight by your sides and gently rock your body back and forth.
- Keep your breath steady and your core engaged.
- Count to 30 seconds for each set and try to complete three sets.
Low to High Plank
- This exercise is a flow from low plank to high plank and repeat.
- Each cycle from low to high is one repetition.
- Beginners can complete this exercise with bent knees. Keep posture aligned when lowering and raising to avoid injury.
Side Push Ups
- While lying on your right side, keep your knees and feet stacked on top of each other.
- Keep your right arm bent and grab onto your left hip with your right hand.
- Use your left hand to push your torso off the ground and slowly lower back down.
- Complete 3 sets of 15 on each side.
Stationary Frog Jumps
- From plank position use your core strength to jump your feet forward and wide.
- Place each foot outside the relative hands on the floor then jump your feet back to plank position.
- Continue jumping for one minute, rest for 30 seconds and repeat for a total of three minutes.
The last and most fun exercise to help you achieve a beautiful beach belly is the hoola hoop. The best part about this exercise is that you can practice while at the beach. For some hula-hoop inspiration watch this amazing youtube video:
Keeping your fit body is not just about working out all the time. Be sure to eat the right foods and include the right amount of exercise each week. Being self motivated and practicing positive thoughts will help you achieve your goals. When you finally get to a place where can say you love your body – it will be easy to maintain it and you can wear your bikini as much as you want anywhere you want (almost)!